Information for spectators
When: saturday 11th and sunday 12th of august.
Weekend between 10H00 and 18H00.
What does it cost ?
Enterence fee is € 10. Free parking.
Children under 12 get in for free.
Presale tickets are now available at interesting rates.
What to see?
- Landing, take off and fly-by of old timer airplanes.
- Static show of the visiting airplanes on the airfield.
- Guided tours along the parked airplanes.
- Take off of hot air balloons (evening).
And also :
- rides with small airplanes or a helicopter
- drinks and snacks at the hangar
- information stand about gliding with Diest Aero Club
- books, souvenirs, T-shirts, ...
- old timer cars
- military vehicles from World war II
The main day is usually the Saturday, when the majority of the airplanes arrives.
Which aeroplanes are expected this year?
The Fly & Drive-In has become a well known event among pilots of old timers, both in Belgium and abroad. Each time it gathers a few hundreds of old timer air airplanes in Schaffen. This ranges from classics from the thirties such as the Stampe SV4, Boeing Stearman and de Havilland Tiger Moth to somewhat more recent airplanes such as Jodels, Yakovlevs and Pipers.
Free parking is available on the airfield. The entrance for the Fly-In is on the road Diest-Tessenderlo (N174).