Information for spectators
Weekend of 11 and 12 august between 10H00 and 18H00.
What does it cost ?
Price is 8 euro. Parking is free.
Children below the age of 12 get in for free.
What to see ?
The International Old Timer Fly-In is normally an annual event,
which by tradition takes place during the weekend nearest to August 15th.
- Landing, take off and fly-by of old timer airplanes.
- Static show of the visiting airplanes on the airfield.
- Guided tours along the parked airplanes.
- Take off of hot air balloons (evening).
- And also :
- rides with small airplanes or a helicopter
- drinks and snacks at the hangar
- information stand about gliding with Diest Aero Club
- books, souvenirs, T-shirts, ...
- old timer cars
- military vehicles from World war II
The main day is usually the Saturday,
when the majority of the airplanes arrives.
Which aeroplanes are expected this year ?
The Fly-In has become a well known event among pilots of old timers,
both in Belgium and abroad.
Each time it gathers a few hundreds of old timer air airplanes in Schaffen.
This ranges from classics from the thirties such as the
Stampe SV4, Boeing Stearman and de Havilland Tiger Moth to somewhat
more recent airplanes such as Jodels, Yakovlevs and Pipers.
Just a few of the airplanes registered for previous fly ins:
• Stinson Reliant
• Zlin 226
• Morava L200
• Fairchild F24W with Warner Scarab engine
• Aero 145
• Globe Swift
• Cessna 185 floatplane
• Several Austers, Pipers, Chipmunks, Falco's, Picchio's etc.
How to get there ?
- from Leuven, Brussel : E314, exit Diest - Bekkevoort (24)
- from Hasselt, Liège, Aachen : E314 exit Diest (25)
or E313 exit Paal (26)
- from Antwerpen : E313 exit Meerhout (24)
Free parking is available on the airfield. The entrance for the Fly-In is on the
road Diest-Tessenderlo (N174).
Click on the map to see a larger version of it.
Here you can download our logo.